Staff Wellbeing Appeal - show your support to our local NHS heroes.
Our staff have worked around the clock in challenging circumstances, as they treated and cared for local people with coronavirus. As the Trust's charity we have been overwhelmed by the support we have received from our local communities and have worked hard throughout the pandemic to receive, sort and distribute the many thousands of gifts, offers and donations that have poured in.
Since March 2020 we have worked with the Trust's Health and Wellbeing Board to develop and deliver a range of projects to support our staff.
These projects included:
- improvements to outside spaces at Leighton Hospital and Victoria Infirmary, Nortwich
- the purchase of additional kitchen items for staff at all our hospitals and community bases including kettles, coffee machines, fridges, freezers, microwaves and sandwich makers to enable staff quick and easy access to hot and cold food and drink
- the creation of new serenity rooms with comfortable seating and other items to help staff relax and refresh during breaks
- the installation of fresh water coolers
- the purchase of high quality Thermos flasks specifically for community based staff who work from their cars
- additional training to increase the number of Mental Health First Aiders working at the Trust
As well as our own appeal, we are incredibly grateful for the donations we have received from the national NHS Charities Together Emergency appeal which has enabled us to do much more than we would have otherwise achieved.
Now that life is beginning to return to normal for most people it's really important that we continue to support our staff through the next 'recovery' stage.
We are still working with the Health and Wellbeing Board and have lots of projects currently in development to support our staff.
If you would like to make a donation to support this work please click the link below.